- 20 Oreos
- 1/3 Stick Butter (melted)
- ½ C. Sugar
- 3 blocks Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1 C. Sour Cream
- 2/3 can Eagle Brand
- 3 Eggs
- 1 C. Sugar
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla
- 1 tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp. Flour
- 2 tbsp. Corn Starch
Well … my ‘famous’ husband Jan has already gotten multiple marriage proposals because of his Double Chocolate Brownies and Cheesecakes, so I’m not sure I should share this recipe … but here goes! I know you’ll enjoy this sinfully enticing cheesecake. Unfortunately, I do too and the fact is, it is SCRUMPTIOUS!
No doubt we have the perfect relationship, as I have absolutely no patience for baking, but he loves it which has earned him the dubious honor of being the incomparable Dessert & Pastry Chef for LeCookery. For those of you who like to bake, this recipe is second to none!
Oreo Crust Instructions:
- Crush Oreos in food processor
- Add Sugar and mix.
- Add Butter and mix.
- Line bottom of 9” springform pan w. parchment and press crust mixture into pan and slightly up sides.
- Bake 10 minutes at 375* and cool.
- Beat Cream Cheese until smooth, add Sour Cream, Eagle Brand, Sugar, Vanilla, Lemon Juice, and mix well. Add Eggs and mix until creamy, then add Flour and Cornstarch and mix until smooth.
- Pour mixture into cooled Crust.
- Fill large baking pan with ¾ inch hot water. Set springform pan into water and bake for 1 hour at 350*.
- Add time as needed. Cake should be a golden tan color. Use cake tester to see if done (inserted in middle should come out clean).
- Cool completely then refrigerate. Decorate with berries, nuts, crumbles, syrups, etc. before serving.