In 1870, as the Houston and Great Northern Railroad began surveying Montgomery County’s first rail line, Galveston merchants Peter J. and Richard S. Willis, landholders in the county, donated a townsite to the railroad along the proposed route. By that time a number of farmers in the vicinity had already organized a Methodist congregation, which became the first church in the community of Willis. By 1872 the rail line had been extended through the town, and most of the businesses and residents of Danville, Montgomery, and Old Waverly had begun moving to the new town.
Steeple on the Fellowship Hall at Christ Church on League Line Road, just east of Lake Conroe
A Lake Conroe Blue Heron glides peacefully across the east side of the lake.
A Blue Heron, the isnpiration for our logo, hunts for fish from a very carefully selected spot.
One of the thirteen flag raisings this year at Texas Flag Park.
Preparing to fire the cannon at the flag raising at Texas Flag Park this year
Entertainment at the flag raising ceremony at the Texas Flag Park